Monday, January 8, 2024

Works in Progress

I've consolidated all this at a new site:

https://sites.google.com/view/lkglibrivox/home



Below are my current projects at LibriVox, plus posts with projects completed in 2023 and also 2024 projects, all of which are also listed below.

 Recording:

  • Clarke: Selectae Fabulae Aesopi, or Select Fables of Aesop
  • Berry's Black Folk Tales

Contributing:

  • Lectures on the Harvard Classics
  • Multilingual Short Works Collection 035 
  • Rudens; or The Fisherman's Rope
  • Augustine's Expositions on the Psalms

Prooflistening:

  • Wodehouse: Divots
  • Frazer: Golden Bough - Scapegoat
And my goal for 2024 is to take on a new role: I want to learn how to be a BC (book coordinator) by leading a collaborative project: Myths, Fairy Tales, and Legends of 1928, with selections from the best books of mythology and folklore entering the public domain on January 1, 2024. I'll be posting about that project here as I will need to start by assembling the texts. I've been scoping out possible books, and then after January 1, I'll be able to start making selections and creating a new PDF-book of my own, and that book can then be the basis for our recording at LibriVox. I really enjoyed the group projects that I contributed to in 2023, and I'm excited to coordinate a mythology and folklore group project. Volunteering at LibriVox has made Public Domain Day an even more exciting event than before!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are limited to Google accounts. You can also email me at laurakgibbs@gmail.com or find me at Twitter, @OnlineCrsLady.